Our largest supplier Eastman Performance Films has partnered with the Skin Cancer Foundation to bring awareness to the dangers of unprotected skin.
In an effort to increase skin cancer awareness the Skin Cancer Foundation has announced their initiative “The Road to Healthy Skin Tour.” Nashville has been included on this tour which provides free full body skin cancer screenings and the latest skin cancer information to our community. There will be 2 locations in Nashville where the bus will stop.
July 20th, Saturday, 1pm-4pm : McCabe Golf Course, 4601 Murphy Rd, Nashville, TN 37209
July 21st, Sunday, 10am-1pm : Rite Aid, 700 Gallatin Rd, Nashville, TN 37206
Solar Insulation Window Films will have staff members present to explain the benefits of window film and UV protection. Please join us!
In the meantime, here are some interesting facts about Sun, UV protection & window film :
1. Ultra-violet rays have both UVB and UVA that cause damage to skin. UVB are the rays that cause sunburn to the surface of the skin. UVA causes damage deep within the skin cells and a known leading cause of skin cancer and premature aging, including wrinkles and age spots. These same rays are the ones that ruin hardwood floors and fabrics, so you can imagines what it can do to skin cells.
2. UVB rays do not penetrate. UVA rays do penetrate glass.
3. Window film can block 99-99.9% of both UVA and UVB rays on vehicles, homes and buildings. The Skin Cancer Foundation is endorsing window film as a recommended part of a comprehensive skin care program.
4. Factory tinted windows provide glare reduction and privacy but do not give protection from UVA rays. It is also a proven fact that drivers have more skin damage on the left side of their bodies.
5. UV protection films come in clear and tinted version. The consumer does not need to darken their windows further to gain UV protection.
6. It’s a interesting fact that Asian vehicle owners (9 out of 10) use UV protecting films installed. In the U.S. only about 2 out of 10 have window film installed.